Tuesday 14 June 2011

WHOOPEE I COMPLETED MY OWN PERSONAL CHALLENGE !!

At the moment I am not working .. which is a sad state of affairs !!

My last few days have been spent on a personal challenge to complete a build and host a free completely free website and hallelujah I am glad to say I managed to complete it. The result may not be completely legal but it "harmed nobody in the making". 

I started searching on google and armed with advice from some forums and a few videos I set to work and now have a completely free website hosted on one of my laptops. 

To state I am chuffed is an understatement .. though I suspect my effort has more security leaks than the Whitehouse ...

My next task is secure the site; learn how to password protect it and how to add applications etc to the site; I also want to run multiple site so I need to learn how to configure apache to run virtual hosts.

My hardware is not up to the job ... but thiswhole exercise is just to ensure that I keep my brain ticking over and a bit of self education, well it beats doing sudoku  ..... stagnation of the mind is terrible !!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment